Friday, September 17, 2010

Nicki Minaj Is My Long-Lost Black Barbie Doll

See the resemblance. Uncanny isn't it?

Nicki Minaj is the Barbie doll I always dreamed of. She's the black Skipper Barbie doll my dad threw away when I was five. With Nicki's chocolate bar skin and glamour doll face, she looks like my long-lost black Barbie. My new black Barbie's new single "Check It Out" with Will.I.Am is ultimately a tale of sublime self-realization disguised as a poppy club song. The space shuttle lyric is a metaphor for an escape, and Nicki clarifies this more by saying "sometimes it's just me and all my bottles alone." Nicki reimagines her struggle to the top as a futuristic fairytale, where she's Dorothy and Will.I.Am is her Glinda the Good Witch.

Download the MP3 for "Check it Out" at this link: http://www.mediafire.com/?vwhu7qv5yvv5n8e

Watch Nicki turn "Check it Out" into a cotton candy piece of performance art at the MTV VMAs preshow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRIYoY8HqPc

No comments:

Post a Comment